Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year.

That's right ladies and llamas, it's E3 again, and I'd love to pull your attention towards a part of the festivities that gets passed over for the more flashy announcements.

Yes my beloved ungulates, it is Into the Pixel a very often overlooked concept art contest that happens every E3, and has provided me with a few years worth of background images.

Also, I'm loving this Assassin's Creed 2 trailer, here's hoping Ubisoft learned from their previous mistakes. I hope some of what we see of combat in here is actually possible in the game. I for one am looking forward to my wristgun.

Also this trailer for The Old Republic makes me wish the game it wasn't representing an MMO. So much awesome action for a game that's just going to be you standing near an enemy, whirling your blades as MISS flashes over their heads. No way we're going to have such awesome acrobatic combat. Definitely no way we'll be able to crash a ship into a Jedi temple. Oh well, Bioware's making it, so it'll still be awesome.

However, I think this marks a first for MMO cinematics, this one actually shows the bad guys winning a fight.

Also, am I the only one who loves the look and art direction of the KotOR games more than the actual movies? I mean seriously, check out that ship. Check out those uniforms and that guy with only half a face. Lucas never gave us anything that awesome... not for the last 15 years, at least.

Also there's Left 4 Dead 2 coming out, less than a year after its predecessor. I thought the move was more than a little bit EAish. Until I read this fine article on Rock Paper Shotgun. Full AI director overhaul, new weapons, new special infected, new gore and physics effects. Yes please.

2 comments:

Harrison said...

I still think it's a bit EAish...
No way they weren't already at least half-way done with that when L4D came out : /

EleriCooks said...

I have a piece of Daniel Dociu art that I got at PAX last year. Much of his concept art is used for the loading screens in Guild Wars, and I love it.

I'm dying to know what "Construction Site" was going to be in GW, though!